weird problem

In-game or account issues? Give them voice here, we'll help you.
byrnedairy

I created a new account for here (Byrnedairy) and it says account does not exist. I played a different server, and my account from there shows up with my characters from it. Im using the oblivion mod folder from the downloads and the gateway im connecting to says dreaming.

i guess my question is, how long does the account take to activate and does the 1.10 version connect to usabattle.net gateway?

Your oblivion mod sounds really fun to play.

I have downloaded the 1.13+mod pack from the list that was updated June 5th, the registery file and doubleclicked and ran it. I tried the loader both from the download and the one in the combo pack download, both don't work.

any tips or advice to get this running would be greatly apreciated
DarkKiss
Administrator
Administrator

Hello and welcome.

All accounts are immediately activated - there's no need to wait for approval. If you can see Dreaming in your gateway list then I assume the server was properly added too.
Where did you create your account from? Please note the account you've created in our forum is different than the one you need in-game.
I'll do my best to assist you with this matter but to do so I will need some further information. Thank you.
byrnedairy

I created the account from the link here app.php/how-to-join-dreaming . the hyperlink after this text: Then you can create as many D2 accounts as you wish from. Are they supposed to be created in the game client?
DarkKiss
Administrator
Administrator

app.php/pvpgn/register
This is the only way to create an in-game account. All attempts to create one from the game itself will fail - the build-in registration's been dismissed.

I can see in-game account registered with this username so I'd like to try something else to confirm whether it is a server-related issue or something's wrong with this account in particular.
I just created a new account called "Dreaming-test" with password "Dreaming". Can you please try to log in with it? I just did and I can confirm it's working perfectly fine.
If you can log in with it then I'll double check what could stop you from accessing your own account. If not, then probably something went wrong whilst configuring the server.
byrnedairy

It says the account does not exist. I am thinking i may need to find the gateway registery somewhere on my computer and delete the old server i played on from there. I have deleted anything else diablo 2 from my laptop but the new files from here, but im wondering if its still trying to connect to the old server, even though i see dreaming as the gateway the accounts from the old server still log in which is strange.
DarkKiss
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, most likely there is some information left in your registries. Have a look here: app.php/clear-registries-add-dreaming
If it sounds confusing you can scroll straight to the bottom of the page where you can find video showing the whole procedure.
byrnedairy

worst part of that guide is finding the run option to get to command promt in windows 10 and this stupid new "intuitive and user friendly" start menu it has.
DarkKiss
Administrator
Administrator

Haven't used Windows for awhile but if I remember correctly the Windows key on your keyboard +R should do the job. Then just enter cmd
byrnedairy

well can also go from task manger in Ctrl+ALT+Delete, top left is a dropdown to run new task and can go from there (figured might help to help others) But it did seem the other sever lingered some, I was able to connect to the dreaming test account after deleting and re adding.

Adding an edit to say thank you for the help getting this sorted out, now time to start the grind again, been a long time since I have enjoyed diablo 2
Last edited by byrnedairy on Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkKiss
Administrator
Administrator

Glad to hear it. Does this mean you were able to login with your own too?
byrnedairy

Yes, everything seems to be working now
DarkKiss
Administrator
Administrator

Amazing :) If there's something else we can help with do not hesitate to reach out to us. Enjoy your staying.